It’s been a good week this week. The first week since Christmas I’ve been basically well. I feel like I’m starting to get into the swing of 2017 and that I can start to progress forwards with things without being hindered by illnesses. Quite a few days even have four good things rather than the standard three!
Saturday 7th January
- Starting to tidy up, felt good to finally make a start on what I hope will be a very thorough clear out on 2017.
- Taking my sister to see Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them before it leaves the cinema.
- Seeing the Boy and then having to ignore him while we took down the Christmas tree. It was nice that he was around though.
- Watching the first half of Dawn French’s 30 Million Minutes. (I was getting tired so decided to use the interval marker as a stopping point).
Sunday 8th January
- Having a bacon and tomato sandwich. First thing, it was delicious. Second thing was I was able to chew it without any pain! I think the tooth infection is finally clearing up.
- Going for not one but TWO walks with the boy. Two different reservoirs. It was muddy but I had my big boots on and it was pretty good fun.
- Hanging out lazing on the sofa watching mostly Big Bang Theory. It felt nice, normal, safe. It was a lovely little island in the middle of being ill, having the house to work on and everything else that’s going on.
- Watching the second half of Dawn French. Such a good show.
Monday 9th January
- Starting my eye care routine again properly. I need to get back on top of this eczema after not treating it properly for a couple of weeks.
- Feeling back into the swing of work after feeling a bit lost last week (first week back after Christmas).
- 15 minute subway date with the boy before…
- Going to see Collateral Beauty with friends. It was a Christmas present-free trip to see the film as my friend knew I would probably forget or end up not going.
Tuesday 10th January
- Getting to see the new office building. It looks pretty cool.
- Getting a Chinese for tea. Cheeky.
- Spending quite a lot of the evening sitting with The Boy. It had been an overwhelming day.
Wednesday 11th January
- Seeing an old friend on the train.
- Buying myself a little present from the Cath Kidston sale.
- Having the best ever salad for lunch. It was so tasty.
- Super busy day but it felt really productive to get so much done at work.
Thursday 12th January
- Cleaning a room at the bungalow. I just want to get to point where it’s clean again so I feel like I can think and plan and make stuff happen.
- Baking a cake to take to a family tea.
- Organising some stuff at home (not currently living in the bungalow, that’s a renovation project) and feeling positive about getting organised.
- Having a good time at the family tea. It’s the boy’s side of the family and they’re all so lovely.
Friday 13th January
- Having a productive day at work
- Listening to a lot of podcasts. I feel very behind on so many!
- My week off work begins TODAY!
I’m now off work for a week and I have high hopes for an even better weekly diary next Friday!