It’s the final week (and a bit) of August! Oh yeah, nearly caught up on the blog posts!
I was waiting for this week so much. My holiday week. I had such a good time even though it took me about 5 days to stop feeling so shattered… So let’s get into it!
Saturday 22nd August
- Waking up at the coast. Filey is my favourite hideaway.
- Going for a walk along the front to look at the sea.
- Trip to the pub.
Sunday 23rd August
- Visit from the boy and exploring new areas of a place I always go to.
- Getting some giant knitting needles from a car boot sale.
Monday 24th August
- Day out to Bridlington.
- Doing two pub visits.
- Taking some time out from everything to make myself feel better (I was a bit poorly that day).
Tuesday 25th August
- Trip to Rieveux Abbey and gardens.
- Mum losing her last marble.
- Watching a random choice film which was actually really good.
Wednesday 26th August
- Doing A LOT of knitting.
- Having all the tasty meals.
- Poaching my very first egg.
Thursday 27th August
- Going to The Filey Museum and chatting the friendly woman who was volunteering that day.
- Visiting the delightful Sugar Cube cafe and meeting the lovely guy who runs it. Ian, you are totally fab!
- Watching a Star Wars film. We’ve nearly watched them all now.
Friday 28th August
- Coming home to my good mattress.
- Swapping my old mattress for my sisters as she thought my old one was comfy! (I just wanted thememory foam for my back, my old one wasn’t past it really).
- Having some tasty veggie soup.
Saturday 29th August
- Putting some stuff in the charity bag, slowing but surely filling this up.
- Hanging out with The Boy.
Sunday 30th August
- Bottling plums for the first time.
- Finishing my yellow stripe on my blanket.
- Doing my snowman tea cosy.
Monday 31st August
- Watching box sets in bed.
- Going to see Inside Out.
- Finishing Snowman Teacosy!
So that was August. Sorry it has taken me until mid September nearly to get it up but hey, life gets in the way sometimes!
I really recommend doing this to anyone! If I hadn’t done this, my general feelings about August wouldn’t be been that it was a bit pants but actually it was pretty good! It’s all about the little things.
Roll on September!