Hello. Here is my Three Good Things diary for the first week of Agust 2015.
It’s not all bad after all!
Saturday 1st August
- Starting my next stripe on my knitting. It’s starting to look really good now. I have no odes how long it is going to take to become a blanket but I’m really enjoying the process so I guess that doesn’t matter.
- Making peppermint and laughing hysterically when they started going wrong.
- Birthday tea with friends. Not my birthday I hasten to add. It was Misty’s birthday.
Sunday 2nd August
- 12 mile walk around a reservoir – I did not realise it was going to be a 12 mile walk when we set off. I was tired.
- Picnic in the sunshine. Unexpected sunshine I might add. We thought it was going to be cloudy! Bonus!
- Lazing in bed with podcasts – always a good way to round off a day.
Monday 3rd August
- Deciding which bike to buy – the man in the shop was so very helpful, it turned out the best bike for me wasn’t even the most expensive one in my budget zone! Yay!
- Making a birthday cake for a friend.
- Rose passing her driving theory test!
Tuesday 4th August
- Getting the boots points from a friends shopping trip. I need those points!
- Everyone enjoying the birthday cake. Always nice when your work is appreciated.
- Booking an afternoon off work! Self explanatory.
Wednesday 5th August
- Achieving 67 words per minute on a typin test. My best score!
- Buying a new bike. I’ve only ordered it at this stage, i won’t get it for a few weeks but I a, really excited to have finally made the commitment!
- Bake Off is back. CAKE!!!
Thursday 6th August
- Afternoon off work. Only working 3ish hours in the morning felt like such a guilty pleasure!
- Trip to Ilkley. This included lots of nice little shops, lunch and a tea break with my mum and sister. Just lovely. Even better when it stopped raining!
- Meeting a target. Who doesn’t love that satisfaction of gettin to the bottom of a pile of work?
Friday 7th August
- Beating my step target on Google Fit.
- Sharing Cookies at work. It cheers everyone up!
- Watching The Original Star Wars for the first time.
So there you go. I’ll admit that in this week there were a couple of pretty pants days but even in those there were still good things. It’s just a case of trying to focus on those.
See you next week.